Tuesday, May 26, 2009

In and Out

When we came home from our trip, our good neighbor Maggie had brought in the mail when she'd come over to feed Bodacious. There was a nice brown box in the mail and I had no idea what it was.

It contained all of these wonderful things -- fabric pieces, FQs, charm packs, and other delightful goodies of a stationery variety -- recipe cards, note cards, little notebook. Oh, it was just splendid! It had all come from Summer Sadie, who had had a give-away earlier in the month. Isn't she clever? Isn't she generous? Isn't she just terrific?

Thank you so much, Sadie!

I got word yesterday from Anne that my give-away to her had arrived. I was amazed at the speed of the Transatlantic mail!

For her bag, I had offered Anne a choice of batiks, dignified burgundy floral, or surprise and she went with surprise. I had a nice bit piece of Daiwabo taupe and lots of scraps from previous projects and made her bag from those.

It was fun to do and I was happy with the way it turned out.

I know I promised a give-away to celebrate my 700th post. There's going to be a little bit of a delay on that. Probably Sunday. Or Monday. Stay tuned.


3 comments:

*karendianne. said...

Now I'm quite enjoying that mail you received. Those binder clips... I picked some up similar for my sister before I fell over sick. (exaggerating there) Just have to mail them out.

You know I love your Bags. Not sure about the ones under your eyes... You're becoming so svelte these days, I just can't seem 'em anymore.

Too Cool for School Love, *karendianne.

Barb said...

Arn't quilters just the kindest folks...we love to share! Your surprise in the mail is well deserved, especially following on the heels of a tough week! Your bag that you sent to the recipient is also splendid...see just a kind quilter again! Have a great rest of the week!

Little Mysteries said...

Wow, fantastic mail. Some gorgeous fabric there. Love the bag.
Congrats on 7000 posts.