Julie's left-over strings that seemed to be separated already into Sweet and Sophisticated. I opened the Sophisticated bag and added from my Australian, my batiks, my miscellaneous, and a few Kaffe/Kaffeish scraps. Not being as liberated as some stringers, I made all of my strings the same width from end-to-end. I cut twenty-five muslin squares.
Then the fun began! I decided to use one Kaffe fabric for the initial center strip on each blocks. And then the layering/building began. I chain pieced, reaching into the bin of strings somewhat randomly (Funny, Mrs. Goodneedle wrote just today about having some trouble with random!) and built and layered. Then the blocks were trimmed to 8-1/2 inches and put up on the design wall.
I think this may be the final arrangement. Next they'll be sewn together to make a quilt for a Sophisticated Baby. I just happen to need two baby quilts completed by the end of October. How convenient that I have the bag of Sweet Strings to plunge into!
Oh, yes, down at the bottom of the photo you can see part of the project I should be working on!