Baby Bureau Quilts

Over the summer, our little monthly hand stitching group decided to make quilts to donate to the Baby Bureau, my current favorite cause. Most of us brought them to our October meeting last night. Helen was still putting the final stitches in her binding and Emily left hers for me to bind since she's having trouble with her hands. Marsha had made three but left them at home. The quilts are all very, very pretty and I imagine that the Baby Bureau lady will be pleased to have them to give to under-resourced moms for their babies.

Honna held them up (you can't see her smiling) while I took photos of them and they are shown below. Some of them are a little blurry; I'm finding that I'm having a bit of trouble holding the camera still lately.










Comments

Janet O. said…
What great work you ladies did for the Baby Bureau!
I am especially drawn to the last one made of batiks. No surprise there, huh? : )
Mrs. Goodneedle said…
Lovely work for a very worthwhile cause... what treasures, each and every one!
Barbara Anne said…
What happy and beautiful quilts that will no doubt delight the new moms and keep their sweet babies cozy for years to come. I recognize that wonderfully jazzy string quilt, too. Applause for all of the quiltmakers!!

A charming little 9 patch in cheerful colors is in my future quilting plans...

Thanks for sharing the photos!

Hugs!
LizA. said…
Lovely -- I'm sure they be used & loved a lot! One of the ladies in our small group is a nurse so we make quilts for palliative care.
Tanya said…
Baby quilts are so much fun to make! The small size makes everything more within the CAN DO range and there is always another chance to try a new pattern!
Anonymous said…
What lovely baby quilts for a great cause. Might be time for a tripod. =)