A Quartet of Aunts

After making that first block for The Aunts' Quilt, I was hooked. I wanted to abandon Batik Waves and just Aunt away.

Self-discipline isn't my strongest attribute. 

So, the deal I made with myself was that when I sit down to sew, I shall make four six-inch Batik Waves blocks and assemble them into a big block, and then I am free to return to The Aunts.

This has worked well for three days! I need 32 more six-inch Batik Waves blocks, and it just so happens that there are eight more of the pieced Aunts to go.

I like the first block the best. The most recent one doesn't seem to have enough contrast in the middle geese.


Comments

Barbara Anne said…
The Aunts blocks are looking good and I think the deal you made with yourself is perfect!

Hugs!
Janet O. said…
Funny how we make bargains with ourselves like that. But it seems to be working for you. Those blocks are such a treat for the eye. I can understand how it would be hard to break away to make something else.
Anonymous said…
I love your Aunt's blocks. I really like that fabric and even looked it up. Right now, I'll just have to check out your progress and admire your work. Thanks for sharing.
Quiltdivajulie said…
Even if the latest block isn't quite as "strong" it plays nicely in the mix. Not every relative can be a superstar - sometimes the quiet ones provide the best and most interesting surprises.