Follow Through

You know how you see these photographs of quilts and you like them so much and so you put them up on one of your Pinterest boards with the thought of trying to do something like that? And how seldom you actually follow through because there are so many quilts and so many ideas and things get in the way and there is so little time?

Yeah.

All the time.

This quilt popped up on my FB Memories feed this morning with the observation that I thought I'd like to do something like this with my William Morris fabrics. That was six years ago.

And two years later I actually did!


Comments

Yes that happens to me all the time. So many quilts and so little time. I have the pictures I have saved as my screen saver. And so many times I look at a quilt and think I should make it, but there are so many other quilts I also want to make. You chose a great one to recreate. It is so beautiful, as is your rendition.
Nann said…
If that pattern is the one I'm thinking of, it was published in one of Judy Hopkins' books. Years later I saw the same pattern in a very old issue of Quilt. I double-checked and, yes, Judy H. acknowledged the magazine pattern....And here it is again! Is that a sign for me, too?
Barbara Anne said…
Well done! Both versions of this quilt are smashing.

I, too, have a huge file of "quilts I like" and 12 lifetimes and unlimited energy wouldn't be enough for me to make them all. Those pictures remain marvelous eye candy and inspiration.

Hugs!

Janet O. said…
The resulting quilt is even better than the original, IMHO.
Anonymous said…
That quilt has been on my list of ones that I would like to make. It's been on that list for a long time. After seeing it again, I think it's time to move it up on the list. Thanks for sharing. I wondered what my next project would be, and I think this is it.
Quiltdivajulie said…
Really lovely - congratulations on making it happen!
Mrs. Goodneedle said…
I, too, like your version better than the original. I am in the process of cutting all my scraps into usable sizes and pinning scrap quilt pics on my Pinterest boards as inspiration. We'll see how this goes. ;)