Dragonfly Dance

Dragonfly Dance was the first class that Judy and I took at quilt camp last summer. Each of us got one dragonfly pieced and had begun a second by the time that the class ended. It was a real workout!

My plan at the get-go was to have each dragonfly use a unique color scheme. During that day I decided to have all dragonflies have the same color body. As I worked at home after the class, it became clear that I needed to have pairs of dragonflies rather than six that were one-of-a-kind. I really needed to simplify. 

I finished the top by the end of the summer. Judy and I have a goal of being in the show and tell session at the opening of camp this coming summer, so I needed to get it quilted and bound.

My friend Kevin did the quilting for me and I've taken the picture a little closer than I ordinarily would so that you can see the beauty of his work.

Comments

Cathy said…
Congratulations on finishing! I look forward to seeing it at MAQ show n tell!