3 and 6 for the Captain

December's monthly block is for Captain Nancy in California. I've "known" her for five or six years through our Fat Quarters group, and at one time knew why she is called Captain. That time has passed . . . .

She sent the most wonderful indigo and a lovely WOW and asked us to make a 3 and 6 block (or two) for her for December. I made two this evening and if I had more fabric, I prolly could have kept on going for quite a while! It was a fun and easy block to make.

Tomorrow I'll be heading to the post office to send off:
(a) 3 and 6 for the Captain
(b) My Secret Santa package from the swap that Donna organized
(c) The components for my March blocks for the Birthday Runaways group

I've been working on the Jacob's Ladder again, deciding to go from dark in one corner to light in the diagonal corner and getting better results. These blocks are on the floor downstairs. The Hot Summer Hearts are piled on the cutting table next to some delectable hot summer batiks that Bonnie picked up for me yesterday at Sauder's. Have decided to do log cabins as the alternate blocks. The thirteenth block that I need for this project is bonded and will be hand stitched tonight. I also have the Coffee with Cream Churn Dash blocks up on the wall. Peculiarly, I seem to actually get more done when I have several things in the works at one time!

Comments

atet said…
What a fun block! I love those colors together. And yep, like you I seem to get more done when I've got several things going at once (which is good as I've got a bunch of things in the works!)
Mrs. Goodneedle said…
You get a lot done, Nancy. By any chance are you taking the same vitamins as Bonnie of Quiltville? ;)
Juliann in WA said…
I love blue and white in a quilt. You do get a lot done - even with your job and all your other activities.
Juliann in WA said…
I know I already commented here but I just go all the way around the RR ring and wanted to comment on every blog. Happy Tuesday.