Treading Water

It's a busy time, of course. Everyone knows that.

A busy time at school, where in addition to all of the seasonal celebratory festivities, we're launching a capital campaign and running a search for a division director. I love it, of course, as I'd much rather have too much to do than not enough to do. Last week I was out for two days attending a professional development workshop, so this week there is all the more to do.

A busy time at home. Nearly all of the gifts are purchased (and about 90 percent were done on-line since even under the best of circumstances I prefer not to go to the mall, and certainly not ever during November and December) and those purchased are wrapped. The cards have been ordered (but the labels aren't printed and the letter isn't composed). The tree has been purchased and the lights are on (thank you, Joe!), but not the ornaments. The baking is an idea that flies in and out of my brain, but hasn't been planned yet. The entertaining has been figured out and commitments made and received, but menus still are up in the air.

So, while much is done, there is much to do. And although the transcription work that I took on a couple of months ago is going far more smoothly than I'd dared to hope, it is still another ten hours out of each busy, full week.

I want to write about the prize I won from Amy's give-away. I want to tell about the international Secret Santa Swap that Donna organized. I want to revisit a lovely evening with the Good Guys. I want to show the Coffee and Cream blocks that are on the wall, the rearranged Jacob's Ladder blocks that are on the floor, and the go-withs for the Hot Summer Hearts.

But right now I'm treading water.

Comments

Juliann in WA said…
Be sure to keep your chin up Nancy - don't want you to go under.
atet said…
Keep on treading that water -- and as for showing the goodies, you'll get to it when you get to it. Remember -- blogging without obligation!
Susan said…
Keep treading. We'll wait. =) You know how to prioritize what's important!
QuiltingFitzy said…
We'll all get "there" any which way, December 25 has it's own mojo!

Dec. 26 will arrive and you'll be thinking, "I should start on presents for next year. I should start earlier."

Just enjoy the process, and DO do something just for YOU! We'll be here.

8^)
Mrs. Goodneedle said…
One step at a time. It will all get done, it always happens. It sounds like life around Chez Goodneedle but I'm determined not to panic and face it ONE STEP AT A TIME with calm resolve. You have lots of blog posts waiting... we can too!