One of the things I don't enjoy about quilt making is lining up the blocks into rows using lattice but no cornerstones. I dislike this so much that most of the time I add gratuitous cornerstones, making more work for myself. I was determined that for this little quilt I was going to skip the cornerstones. I devised a method that I couldn't possibly explain wherein after applying the short lattices between the blocks, I cut all of the long lattice strips to the proper size and marked with chalk where the intersections would occur. It worked! Of course, this is just a small quilt. I imagine it would work on a big one, too.
Upstairs, where I do handwork in front of the Netflix or television, I finished appliquéing a second group of Liberty dresses for a second baby girl quilt and needed some other handwork. I've got a stack of baby quilts either finished or in progress, and I'm not going to want to pay the machinist to do all of them, so I decided that the first Liberty dresses quilt will be hand quilted. Got it all sandwiched and began that work last night.
This has been the most productive head cold I've had in a good while. And so far -- knock wood -- it hasn't gone near bronchitis!