Post Cards

 

From time to time, the Guild has challenges for members. I think the idea is to help us to stretch and grow. There is so much talent in our Guild that I often hesitate to participate. I mean, you know, some of our members are internationally known quilt designers and teachers. This time, I signed up right away before I could talk myself out of it.

We were to make quilted postcards.

I'd never done this before and once I got started and found my approach, I didn't want to stop!

My first two had to deal with the age-old question, the first riddle most of us ever hear.

I had fun making them. 

And then I wanted to try something different.






I have this wonderful fabric that has thought fragments in a typewriter font. I thought the thing to do would be to cut a row of thoughts and surround it with Liberty scraps. Once I got started . . . .

You can click to enlarge if you want to read the thought fragments.



















Comments

Mrs. Goodneedle said…
These are all wonderful and inspiring, how I would love to receive something like that in the mail. You continue to stun and amaze, my friend.
Moira said…
Great looking postcards!
Janet O. said…
The first two made me smile, the second batch made me stop and enjoy the beauty and the thoughts. Well done.
Nann said…
Our guild has begun a monthly postcard exchange. The results are shown as part of the show and tell at our Zoom meetings. Little pops of inspired design! I especially like your word fragments.