Good To Go

 


So, today's the deadline or the quilts for Ukrainian refugee children. I'd hoped to get twenty-five; here are the ones I've received so far, tied -- with left-over binding strips -- in groups of five. Yup, that's right, there are ten bundles of five each! As I said to Lark, people can be so good.

It took a while this morning to get them all tied up. There are quilts that very young children will love all the way up to some bigger ones, more grown up in their flavor, that teen boys will want. A few of them come in matching tote bags that people from Michelle's guild made with love and care. And all of them are beautiful.

They'll wait on the couch until Sunday when my family will help me haul them out to my sister's car, where they'll join the forty-some that she has collected. I was a little bit breathless when I finished. And then when I took the picture, I said to myself, "Well, we're good to go." 

And then it occurred to me that was something dear Mrs. Goodneedle would say, "Good to Go!"

Comments

Mrs. Goodneedle said…
Absolutely! These are precious gifts. There’s so much good. Life is GOOD; and so are people, you’re more than good to go, you’re blessed abundantly!
Quiltdivajulie said…
This post reminds me just how much goodness there is in our world - and I am so grateful for you.
Barbara Anne said…
Oh, your couch is full of such wonderfulness!! Thank you again for the opportunity to spread quiltie goodness elsewhere on the planet and thanks to all who are getting the quilts from here to there, too.

I spy the pink binding and green farm backing fabric of the quilt I sent!

Hugs!
Janet O. said…
Heartwarming to hear of the tremendous response to your request! Love this shot.
Annie said…
Nancy, Thank You for enabling the inherent goodness in people to come forward! Each quilt is a tangible expression of love. Lark and these kids have a tough job ahead of them, and I know that our quilts will serve as a reminder that people they will never meet have stitched a part of themselves in their quilt.
Nann said…
I see my contributions! I'm so pleased I could contribute.
Millie Quilts said…
I learned a long time ago that quilts are magical, tangible examples of love. So I am always happy to contribute to a worthy cause such as this. I see my quilt in that stack too. There is indeed a lot of good in the world.
Juliann said…
What a wonderful outpouring of love and gerosity.