. . . .
1) Go to Wikipedia
2) In the search box, type your birth month and day but not the year.
3) List three events that happened on your birthday
4) List two important birthdays and one death
5) One holiday or observance (if any)
. . . .
Okay, here goes:
Three events that happened on my birthday (This is such an important event that I prefer not to dilute it by listing additional events):
- 1870: The Fifteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution was ratified, grants voting rights regardless of race.
Two important birthdays (Oh, how can one stop with two important birthdays! Especially when there are such splendid people!):
- Gertrude Stein, American Writer and Patron of the Arts
- Felix Mendelssohn, German Composter
- Henry Heimlich, American Physician (Yes, THAT Heimlich!)
- Alvar Aalto, Finnish Architect
- Pretty Boy Floyd, American Gangster!
- Well, actually THREE, since this was "The Day The Music Died": Buddy Holly, the Big Bopper, and Ritchie Valens
One holiday or observance:
- St. Ansgar, Patron Saint of Denmark!