February 3 on November 28

Through a series of linked blogs far too complicated to list, I've come across The Birthday Meme. What fun! Of course, I've never been one who was good about following The Rules, so you'll note some deviations from what is asked for.
. . . .

The Rules:

1) Go to Wikipedia
2) In the search box, type your birth month and day but not the year.
3) List three events that happened on your birthday
4) List two important birthdays and one death
5) One holiday or observance (if any)
. . . .
Okay, here goes:

February 3
Three events that happened on my birthday (This is such an important event that I prefer not to dilute it by listing additional events):
  • 1870: The Fifteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution was ratified, grants voting rights regardless of race.

Two important birthdays (Oh, how can one stop with two important birthdays! Especially when there are such splendid people!):

  • Gertrude Stein, American Writer and Patron of the Arts

  • Felix Mendelssohn, German Composter

  • Henry Heimlich, American Physician (Yes, THAT Heimlich!)

  • Alvar Aalto, Finnish Architect

  • Pretty Boy Floyd, American Gangster!

One Death:

  • Well, actually THREE, since this was "The Day The Music Died": Buddy Holly, the Big Bopper, and Ritchie Valens
One holiday or observance:
  • St. Ansgar, Patron Saint of Denmark!


Comments

Pam said…
That was fun - and interesting. I will post mine soon.
Hedgehog said…
What a cool idea!! I'm going to post this on my birthday later this month! (I'm a big Alvar Aalto fan, too!)
Mrs. Goodneedle said…
My birth date is full of boring and obscure happenings. Gee whiz! I think I'll stick with the Mutts strip that ran in the paper this year, on my birthday, proclaiming that Life is Good! Amen.
Mrs. Goodneedle said…
How did my previous comment on your blog post-up with someone else's name?
Susan said…
I've known you all these years and never knew that you have the same birthday as my little sister. Puts a whole new perspective on things. At least I like *you*. =)
OneandonlyKEG said…
Nancy, I was born on Bach's birthday must be that powerful and great women are born on the same day as great coposers love Keg