Around Here, We Call it KAW-fee

Aunt Jenny who can be found and read at http://auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ had this quiz on her blog and, of course, I had to stop everything and take it. Results are below. I wasn't surprised, but I was amused.
. . . .
People From and Near Philadelphia tawk about accents that people from other regions have. But we don't believe we have an accent, really; rather, we tawk the way people should. Some Near Philadelphia people make a point of reminding people that they, personally, don't say wooder when reach for a bottle of Poland Spring to carry around with them.
. . . .
But almost all of us say kawfee. And we all go downtheshore in the summer. Which is priddy many months away from now.
. . . .


What American accent do you have?
Your Result: Philadelphia

Your accent is as Philadelphian as a cheesesteak! If you're not from Philadelphia, then you're from someplace Near there like south Jersey, Baltimore, or Wilmington. if you've ever journeyed to some far off place where people don't know that Philly has an accent, someone may have thought you talked a little weird even though they didn't have a clue what accent it was they heard.

The Northeast
The Midland
The Inland North
The South
Boston
The West
North Central
What American accent do you have?
Take More Quizzes

Comments

Susan said…
That's too funny. You really know what you sound like! =) It said I had a southern accent. I don't think so! Not unless I've been there for a week.
Mrs. Goodneedle said…
I took it too. I have lived in N.Carolina for 31 years and was born and raised before that thirty miles north of Boston. It said I was from the "Midland" and had no accent... so how do you like that? No one will claim me!! Ha!
Quilting Kim said…
I took this quiz this morning as I drank my kaw-fee (here in Wilmington). I didn't think that I had an accent either, but everyone else does.

Water (pronounced wodder)just screams that you are from Delaware, though.
Jenni said…
You all speak funny - I have a "normal" accent!