White Oak Lists

I've been a list-maker for a long time.  Right now I have the pleasure of working on a couple of wonderful lists:

1.  Projects to take to White Oak:  Pink and brown stars baby quilt; four remaining blocks from a BOM project Sherron and I subscribed to (she's prolly totally up to date and working on the center by now); my box of CW fabrics and my Around the Block.  This latter is because it turns out that the Farmer's Wife swapper that was having such a tough time persevered and has eight widdle biddy bwocks to give me -- so it looks as though I'll be starting a new CW sampler project!  Could it be that the farmer became a polygamist?  Oh, the scandal of it!

2.  Fabric to buy:  brown or aqua batik to bind the stars quilt, more brown for the side triangles on Second Hand Clothes, dark muslin for same, and something to bind a super secret project.  I've got an idea that involves a bunch of 9" squares -- I was thinking of buying a layer cake and modifying the idea, but really, really don't want to spend the money a layer cake costs.  And thread.  I need thread.  These are just the things on my list of "to buy."  Sometimes I buy something that is not on the list !

3.  Girlfriends:  There will be eleven of us this time, a pretty big group.  There are some of us who have been coming for ten years.  There are a couple who have only come a couple of times but already have been assimilated.  Some ladies I'm very, very close to and others are people I see only at these getaways.  All are creative, funny women, whose company I enjoy so much.

Oh, I'm so eager!


Comments

Diana said…
Have a wonderful time!
Anonymous said…
I am jealous! Have a wonderful time!
Kathy B
Nancy said…
well dang it...I just checked..I was hoping to have some brown batik I could just send you to keep you on the straight and narrow on that silly thing called "don't add to the stash" you are doing.. but alas I only have a bright green and some orange... I don't like batiks and was really looking forward to sending them out of the sewing room. oh well, i guess they aren't taking up too much room..
LizA. said…
I'm so envious. have a WONDERFUL time!
howdidIgethere said…
Been busy checking items off my lists! Machine, projects, tools, all lined up by the door.

Now to throw some clothes in a bag... Can you tell where my priorities are?? LOL!
Mrs. Goodneedle said…
Enjoy every minute!

Cheers!!
altar ego said…
Wish I could join you! Maybe next year. Enjoy every stitch of thread and laughter.
Nicole said…
Oh, I want to come and be assimilated too! Have a fantastic time with old friends and new.
AnnieO said…
I like to make lists too! Sounds like lots of great things buzzing through the crafty side of your brain...