Covid Relief

Back in 2011 I was at the peak of my Basket Period. I made two basket sampler quilts at the same time. One was all made from William Morris fabrics and was given away a few years ago.

The caramel and indigo baskets stayed here. The quilt was made not long before I gave away the rest of my stash of Civil War fabrics. Every block is a different basket pattern.

Last week a dear friend from church came down with the Covid-19 virus. He's a bachelor who lives alone, though he has family nearby. I wanted to give him a quilt to help him recover more quickly and when I looked at the quilts up for adoption, this is where my eye landed and stayed.

 

Comments

Robby said…
And when you're alone, a gift like that is a cherished reminder that you aren't as alone as you feel sometimes. What a kind gesture.
Nann said…
What a lovely gift. The baskets are cornucopias.
Quiltdivajulie said…
Oh what a wonderful way to have that quilt live the rest of its life - you are such a blessing to all of us. Happy Thanksgiving, friend.