Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas, Dear Sister

Some years, there is one gift that I'm so excited about and so eager to give. This year it is for Bonnie.
. . . .
Several months ago I took a Stack and Whack class. The night that we selected our fabric, I looked and looked at the vast selection our LQS had to offer. Kept coming back to the same print, a sage green background with cardinals, berries, and greens. It was gorgeous. Trouble was, however, that it looked like fabric Bonnie would choose, rather than fabric I would pick. Well, I gave in to what my gut was telling me, believing that it was high time I had a Christmasy quilt for myself.
. . . .
The day of the final class, I returned home with four completed blocks. Guess who stopped by that night? Yup. And she just loved the fabric. So much.
. . . .
This was one of those occasions where a widdle white lie was called for. I spoke about how many UFOs I had and the pressures I was under to get a couple of wedding quilts finshed. No way I could get back to the Stack and Whack until January at the earliest. I'd be sure to let her know how it went when I resumed.
. . . .
And then I got busy. Contacted dear Branky for a quilting date and stacked and whacked and assembled and got it off to her. When it came back, I was so delighted with her craft. She'd quilted ribbons, holly leaves, even poinsettia petals in the quilt. And today it becomes Bonnie's. Merry Christmas, Dear Sister. Merry Christmas to you!

8 comments:

Ms. Jan said...

What a lovely quilt for your very lucky sister!

paula, the quilter said...

I have never met a Stack-'n-Whack quilt I didn't like. They turn out so lovely. Bonnie is a very lucky sister.

FRANK said...

WHEN DO YOU SLEEP.

Karrin Hurd said...

Wonderful quilt Nancy, and what a lucky sister!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I echo Frank... when, oh when do you sleep? Nancy, you amaze me! and I thank God each and every day that you also inspire me! Words are insufficent...

Cheryl said...

Bonnie's Christmas gift is beautiful!! Well done, Nancy! I popped over to your sister's blog and was surprised to see "Abington, PA;" I live in Clarks Summit for many years. It is a wonderful place. Merry Christmas

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Love Sam's photo in the Santa hat, what a cutie pie. If your friend has a flat tire what will she do, piece a quilt block?

Sandy said...

A beautiful quilt! I love that pattern and the choice of colors.