Flip side: Right now I am very well aware of how right everything seems to be going, and I'm reveling in it.
- Our long weekend in Cape May was magical with just the right mix of socializing, shopping, relaxing, and just being.
- Day One and Day Two at my new job have been spectacular! There is plenty to do, and the atmosphere is so positive and upbeat. The hours fly by. And I feel like I'm part of something really important -- I look at these autistic kids and how little some of them have to work with, and yet they work so hard. Little Gina (referenced in previous posts) has grown by leaps and bounds; today she actually asked if she could use my computer. When I first met her, she could never have done that.
- Last night at the guild meeting, I was queen bee for the bee blocks and my bee-mates were so generous and clever. I have a huge batch of gorgeous blocks and I promise to post a picture as soon as the design wall is clear which brings me to
- The R5 is in the final stages of becoming a flimsy! One of the quilting tasks I find most odious is assembling on-point sets with lattice. I always get scrambled and don't put those triangles on at the right time and end up doing a lot of ripping out. This time I am working very slowly and it is all going together beautifully. Again, a picture as soon as it is finished.
- My Christmas shopping is just about finished, leaving me a whole month for the hand-made gifts.
- Yesterday I had a play date with a couple of quilting buddies, and as a result of that play date (and the shopping involved!) and seeing the bee blocks for the other group in the guild, I think I know what my next project is going to be.
- Supporters for the sewing machines for India project continue to show up -- beyond anything I ever dreamed.
- Finally, I picked up four quilts from the machinist and left her two more, so for the foreseeable future, I won't be at a loss for hand work once I get those bindings machined on.
She's said it a million times, and I've echoed her many, but never more so than today: Life is good!