First Snow Day of the Season

My new boss at the school is a very, very wise woman. Yesterday at 10:00 she declared a snow day for today. Some of us didn't even believe it would snow (we were expecting rain) but we surely didn't argue.

I picked up four quilts from the machinist more than a week ago and in their tote bags they sat. Until this morning. Blessed with a snow day and having done the food shopping last night (thanks be to Joe) as well as some of the baking, I knew what this day must hold.

Four hours later: Four quilts with binding cut, pieced, machined on and trimmed. Plus one aching back. Satisfied. Ready for a nap.

We're double-dipping for Thanksgiving this year. Our entire clan is dining at our home on Friday (each family contributing something important) and a dear relative has made room for six more (Tom and tribe) at her place on Thursday. I'm making a banana cream pie (a first for me) to take. But not until after that nap.


Comments

Barbara Anne said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Janet O. said…
How nice to have a snow day right before Thanksgiving. Now hope it doesn't snow as you travel!
Good luck with the banana cream pie (I've never made one of those, either) and enjoy the holiday with loved ones!
LizA. said…
Eat some turkey for me. I'm still horribly sick and now have no voice. We had to cancel Thanksgiving this year. My brother is taking Dad to some friend's for dinner. We're having baked potatoes.
Quayquilter said…
Four bindings in one day, a record surely. Banana Cream pie unknown in the UK - very exotic! I like to see somewhere I've been!!
Denise in PA said…
Love your new boss! And I love snow (sew!) days! Bet your heard that Thundersnow too - LOL A very Happy Thanksgiving (both of them) to you, my friend! That banana cream pie sounds wonderful!