Friday, November 21, 2014

My Bounty


The guild has formed two bee groups this year. There are twelve participants in each group. Each month someone is queen bee and she gets to request her bee-mates to make a particular block for her. Actually, we make two blocks for the queen. I think it is going to be fun because it will stretch me to use fabrics and techniques I wouldn't normally choose. Elizabeth was up for October and then she moved away and is participating by mail.

So November was my month and what I asked for was churn dash; the focus would be red, yellow, or orange and the background would be black on white. The second block would have the reverse specifications.

Just look at the wonderful blocks I received!

And no sooner had I taken the picture and pulled the blocks down than the postman came, delivering a small package from Elizabeth with her two blocks.

One or two other participants were absent at November's meeting; I imagine they will bring their blocks in December.

Such a bright and happy quilt this will be!



5 comments:

Barbara Anne said...

Score!!! Love your block choice and the happy colors you selected! I do love block swaps because the fabrics others choose for you are such a delightful surprise.

I look forward to seeing how this quilt comes together and grows.

Hugs!

Janet O. said...

I'm always a fan of churn dash blocks and the color scheme you have chosen is delightful! What a happy way to get a quilt made!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Great idea and great fun

LizA. said...

What fun blocks...can't wait to see what you do with them.

cityquilter grace said...

oooh love churn dash in any color but these are eye popping!