A Tale of Woe (But It Ends Well)
So I set them aside, and did not pack them away. Instead, I added them to the list of projects discovered that needed fairly quick attention.
So I took the HST pile and divided it into groups of sixteen, the number needed for one block. And thought, "I can make 13 more of these blocks. And I can do it pretty soon! I'll have this quilt done in no time! So I plunged in and made the first block.
I must have cut and made the HSTs for the first 17 blocks and once I had them together, must have set everything aside for an indefinite time. And when I resumed work, I set to making HSTs again, and made them what appears to be a quarter-inch larger! Again I howl, "Oh, no!!!!!"
I could either cut down the bazillion HSTs that I had sorted into piles.
Or I could make two little girl quilts instead of one big girl quilts, one of which would be somewhat larger than the other.
So I got to work with Option Two
I'm thinking of them as Thing One and Thing Two. I know there is one HST here on Thing One that is set the wrong way. And I'm leaving it right there. When I made Thing Two, I'm going to reverse the order of the borders.
I still can't believe I had been so scatterbrained!