Medals and More

The gold medals for track and gymnastics were finally given last evening; here are Usain Bolt and Gabby Douglas sporting theirs. Here Gabby is accompanied by Lawrence Williams (brother of Lester pictured previously), who works as an interior designer, has exquisite taste in clothing, and lives with his partner, Paul (not pictured here).

Honestly, I said in my previous post that making these people has impacted the way I look at folks I encounter in my daily life. Today one of the science teachers popped in and immediately I began picturing how to construct her!

The big swap closes Labor Day; there are still two participants working on their people, but the ones that have arrived are just wonderful. After the swap-out, I'll post pictures of all 70 of them.

Here is David, who likes nothing more at the end of a hard day than to put on his jogging suit and go out for a run.

I have one more set of seven males to make for the big swap. And a couple more for a side swap or two. Can't decide whether or not to make a group of Tom Daley, the British eye candy in the miniscule swimsuit.

If anyone is interested in a one-on-one swap of people, I'd be happy to oblige. Just let me know. You'll find me down in the body parts area.



Comments

Pamela Kieffer said…
I just love this idea but I am not ready to take on another project.
It does make one look around and visualize the people we see.
Janet O. said…
Oh, your medaled athletes are wonderful!
I thought the "jogging suit" looked like it could be someone in their scrubs. : )
Jindi's Cottage said…
I love that you are giving your "people" background stories...
Anonymous said…
I also love the stories you have for your Extravagant people. Absolutely darling!!!!
AnnieO said…
What fun you're having! I love your descriptions of your little people :)
Mrs. Goodneedle said…
She, who is highly entertained by your people, cannot stop smiling!