Covid-19 Sewing (2)

Himself and I have settled into a pleasant evening routine: At eight o'clock or later, we turn on the TV Roku and the movie of the night is played. Himself has spent some time doing research to find things we both will enjoy (I am much pickier about viewing than he is) and has a list. So far his choices have been 5 out of 6 really good movies.

We also watch the latest episode of "Better Call Saul" as soon as it is released. And on Tuesdays, I cannot miss "This Is Us," though I have to watch it alone. (He's not picky, but this one is beyond him, or so he says.) Whatever.

So in addition to the binding on Escargot (earlier post), I've been hand-piecing the Steam Punk blocks. Number 9 is in progress presently, and then there will be a bit of a hiatus while I bind [Not] Batik Waves.

I am loving these blocks. Am no longer trying to figure out an alternate setting, just piecing along until I get tired of them, and then I'll deal with the layout. I do believe you can click on the picture to enlarge it. And you might want to do that because a couple of the centers are fussy cuts.

Beyond the sewing, I've experimented with some new recipes and Himself is pleased that he can go out and garden. We're both readers and I'm a Scrabbler (and now Words-With-Friender) with many worthy opponents. We're doing well. And we certainly hope you are, too.


Comments

Quiltdivajulie said…
With younger son living at home for now, our after dinner has become a board or card game followed by YS and yours truly reading and DH (with headphones) tv watching. I'm not a huge TV watcher (occasional movies and sometimes a series like Downtown or West Wing).
Robby said…
Love that fried egg! And a new routine for the "new normal" seems like an excellent idea.
Barbara Anne said…
Cute fried egg, face, and cat(?) in those fussy cut centers.

We're doing okay as DB is a woodworker and has all sorts of projects, we're both readers, and, of course,I quilt. Am planning to get back to one cross stitch project. Since I used to cross stitch while watching TV, surely I can do that again.

Hugs!
Julierose said…
Love the central zebra--so cute--your blocks look lovely...hanging in here where we are sheltering in place. Food is scarce in our groceries...hugs from afar Julierose
Janet O. said…
Routines give us some sense of normalcy, even when there is hardly anything "normal" going on around us.
Some choice fussy-cut centers, Nancy.
Would love to find you on Words With Friends. Don't have a lot of success finding people I know, though.
Quayquilter said…
We are in a routine too - jobs in the morningand I hope to do some decluttering in due course.
Going up for midday we go for a walk. Yesterday we walked through ancient woodland and didn't see a soul. Lunch is more leisurely: home made soup and chat then in the afternoon I sew and Alan does a bit in the garden and then watches TV - about railways etc.
Tea and a night's viwing for both of us. I hand quilt but get quite slow as I'm quite tired by then. We are fine but I am terribly anxious about the wider situation.
GamesBX said…
I really enjoyed reading this post, I always appreciate topics like this being discussed to us. Information very nice. I will follow post Thanks for sharing.
Skribbl.io Mods
BLACK MESA REVIEW
COVID-19
MAKE YOUR MARK IN CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE® REMASTERED MULTIPLAYER MAYHEM