Bee 2023

I believe I've been remiss in posting Bee blocks for the past couple of months.

This month Tricia asked for Arkansas Traveler blocks in specific colors. The block was intimidating to me at first glance, but once I got started, it was really very straightforward. 

Here are the directions: https://www.freshlypieced.com/blog/2011/07/summer-sampler-series-arkansas-traveler.html?fbclid=IwAR04McZEyyZ5Te89MA9AIrDuYWPhpcfy1Nb1qf2UGOAcZ3PFHzM6HZ-g-y8

Eileen really needed bright chickens in April (come to think of it, bright chickens would be good in any month) and the group obliged her happily. 

One of my hens was having a kind of bad hair day and I decided to leave it!

I don't have a pattern to share for these girls. Eileen distributed the directions at the meeting.

Natalie needed a comfort quilt -- she's been through a lot over the past several months. She thought this block would be the right thing and I have to agree.
 


Lisa was the first Queen in our 2023 round; she always gives really clear instructions and picks something manageable. I loved her choice for February.

And now, I think, we are up to date!

Comments

Quiltdivajulie said…
That chicken appears to be much easier to piece than the one I used in my Old MacDonald mystery quilt several years ago. I love the bad-hair-day look!
Nann said…
The bee looks as though it provides a way to try out a variety of blocks without having to commit to an entire quilt (or to a UFO). What block will they make for you?
Barbara Anne said…
Great blocks and hope things are improving and/or settling down for Natalie.

Thanks for the Arkansas Traveler instructions, too.

Hugs!
Janet O. said…
What a variety of blocks! I am really drawn to the bright colors on what looks like a black background. So striking. The chickens are fun, and I like the blocks for the "comfort" quilt. February's blocks are unique. I am envisioning them set on point, but I may be wrong.