Tulips and Windmills: Out and About in Paris


We'd been to Paris before, several years ago when our grand-niece was a student there, and we saw "all" of the Must-Sees then, so this time we didn't have that terrible urgency that time was running out. We did feel as though we had to go back to Notre Dame and spent some time on the side where the reconstruction was not obvious. There were some easy bench bleachers where we could sit and see the evening light on the gargoyles, and there were large panels set in place that explained the reconstruction process. I sat and people-watched (no proposals, no weddings but lots of selfies) while Joe studied the panels. He came back to report that the plan is to have all of the work done in time for the 2024 Paris Olympics! As an architect, he seemed skeptical but hopeful. 

One day he took a fourteen-hour group trip to Mt. St. Michel. I had a quiet morning and after my nap I went off on an adventure of my own!

I walked several blocks to the meeting place, St. Germain, and was happy to arrive early. With ten or fifteen minutes at my disposal, I went in to see what was what. It was beautiful.

I had registered for a food tour, and had expected there to be a small group of epicureans, but I was wrong. I had Francois all to myself!

We visited a small winery, a cheese shop, a food market, a trendy restaurant, and a bakery. Blogger has inexplicably loaded the photos in reverse.

I didn't need any dinner that night!








Comments

Karen said…
Hmmm, I can see that we have to go in summer. DH and I went (en-route elsewhere) for 2 nights and 1 day, in sub-zero temperatures, so cold that we only went into the underground crypt. I am vicariously enjoying your trip!
Barbara Anne said…
Off on your own! What a wonderfully adventurous soul you have. :)

More interesting and beautiful photos. Thank you again for your travel posts!

Hugs!
Quiltdivajulie said…
I love how you capture the contemplative in your photos - such a gorgeous photo of Notre Dame.
Anonymous said…
Thanks to the internet and bloggers, I can see the world without leaving my living room. I would love to visit these places, but circumstance prevent that. So thank you for sharing your adventures.