Halo 4 (Halo Blue) and Halo 3

Last autumn a group of quilt shops not far from Philadelphia held a shop hop for a mystery quilt. I picked up two FQs at each shop in two different color schemes. I also bought yardage for some sort of a background, not knowing yet what I was going to do.

After separating the bluish FQs from the brownish ones, I saw how nicely the bluish ones went with a Tilda FQ pack that I already had and decided I needed a new hand-work project for evenings at home. Hence Halo Blue (my fourth from the Jen Kingwell Halo pattern) began.

I truly loved making this quilt and last week it found its way to its forever home.



Halo 3 was made last summer. I'd seen a FQ bundle of Jen Kingwell fabric and bought it, not knowing why. It turned out that once it was here, I really didn't like it very much. The color scheme was so not me and I found the prints to be downright ugly. But, as you know by now, I need a good handwork project, and adding some other fabrics from stash (and shop) helped it out. I found that working bit-by-bit with a technique I enjoy softened the dislike of the whole bundle. When I finished, I took the left-overs and gave them away to someone I know who is very, very fond of All Things Jen, so I didn't have to invent another project! 

When we hung the quilt to photograph it, I found, of course, that it wasn't anywhere near as distasteful as I'd thought!





 

Comments

Quiltdivajulie said…
Interesting to see two in the same post with such different color stories. I prefer No. 4 but then, that's me.
Barbara Anne said…
I think both quilts are wonderful but the new one does seem more gentle. The various fussy cut fabrics in the small diamonds are a delight! Applause, applause!

Decades ago I used to cross stitch in front of the TV but now my fingers don't like much hand piecing so I don't plan any hand stitched quilts.

Hugs!
Janet O. said…
Wow--Halo 4 is really a nice, soothing palette. And kudos to you for pushing through and making Halo 3 a finish even though the fabrics were not to your liking. The end result is very pleasing. I can't believe you have made 4 of these quilts. "I need a handwork project" is something you don't hear coming out of my mouth--even though I usually do have a handwork project. LOL They just stay with me for years because I spend so little time with them.
Nann said…
Hail to the halos! These are beauties.