Starry, Starry Night

I run a swap list for a small community of quilters. Some are local women that I see at church and elsewhere in the neighborhood. Some are internet friends that I've met in person, and others are friends I've not met yet. A couple of them live as far away as Great Britain. All of them make beautiful blocks.
. . . .
A couple of months ago Carolyn proposed that we make 12" sawtooth stars using batiks on blacks, with the center of the sawtooth being an interesting 6" block instead of a solid square. People liked it! Bags of blocks have been arriving here over the past couple of weeks, and there isn't an unlikeable block in the bunch.
. . . .
The design wall shows part of my progress. The mailing date is Monday. One of the really good things about running a swap is that one doesn't have to make one's blocks until the very last minute. One of the really bad things about running a swap is that one has a tendency not to make one's blocks until the very last minute.

Comments

Shelina said…
I like running a swap too, for the same reasons. Although, if I do wait until the last minute, then I tend to look at the swap blocks to see what is missing, so I can make mine to fill in the gap, so that tends to add more pressure on the types of blocks that I can make.

That is a great idea for a swap, and your blocks are lovely.
Leslie said…
... paint your palette blue and grey, look out on a summer's day, with eyes that know the poet in my soul...

I got a chuckle out of your 'pros and cons' of running the swap, two sides of the same coin. :D
Mrs. Goodneedle said…
Good luck, the blocks are wonderful!