No, But You Are Close

This report isn't funny at all. But the situation sure had me giggling uncontrollably.
. . . .
I think I need to start with the context. Yes, it is only Wednesday and there is quite a bit of this week yet to go. But so far it has been a difficult week as we are at the peak of the resume season here at school (with thirteen -- count 'em -- thirteen vacancies to fill for the coming year so far). So each day's mail bring beaucoups more resumes, mostly from grossly underqualified applicants, all of which must be logged in, acknowledged, distributed rather than tossed.
. . . .
On top of that is anticipation. The Lancaster quilt show opens tomorrow and Bonnie and I have planned to drive out tonight, sleep over at White Oak, and be there bright and early tomorrow. I'd registered for a Vacation Day months ago. I knew I'd need it after the hecticness of Easter: shopping, cooking, houseguests, church church church. Plus the resumes, the candidates, the hiring (or non-hiring).
. . . .
So I'm a tad frayed. Trying to get things under reasonable control before taking off for now two days (a Personal Day for a funeral the following day) instead of one at a frantic time. Just a tad frayed. Was looking for some possible comic relief in today's batch of resumes; hence, the following email exchange with my buddy:


Nancy to Polly: Just received a resume from someone with an email address of bjpumpkin@xxxx.com and her last name is not Pumpkin.
Polly back to Nancy: Is it Frog?
Nancy replies: No, but you are close. It is McInerney.
. . . .
Told you it wasn't funny. But in my present condition, I was absolutely howling. And hoping no one would walk in.

Comments

Mrs. Goodneedle said…
Now you are just getting silly... don't you know that it isn't even remotely possible to get things under control (reasonably or otherwise)before you leave town for days on end?

Hugs for the journey...
floribunda said…
there was a headline in yesterday's business section (I think) about how h.r. people downgrade the resumes of applicants who have "frivolous" email addresses... have to admit I've joked with my colleagues about some of the names I see on resumes, too. Have fun on your day off!
Nana's Quilts said…
Hope you have a terrific time away. It is so renewing. I had a whole day Saturday and it is a real tonic.

I'm really new at this blogging business, but I think I would have to give you one of the Thinking Bloggers awards, if I got to. So my kudos to you - for whatever they are worth.
Marne
Unknown said…
while you are chuckling, i have some resumes from Mr cucumber and asparagus whose statements are liberally scattered with fertilizer. would you believe it.