Going For It

Well, friends, I'm going to do it. I'm so appreciative of the comments from yesterday's post about whether I should make a baby quilt to put in the school store to sell. Everyone was so encouraging! That felt good. I especially liked Laurie Ann's wisdom; she pointed out that if the quilt doesn't sell, I'll be ready for the next baby shower! And she's right -- people do keep having babies!

Yesterday on the way home I stopped at the LQS for some Heat and Bond Light and got to talking with Pennie, the owner. She wasn't very busy at the moment, and I told her what I was thinking. She, too, urged me to try it, but cautioned that I was realistic about my nervousness that selling my work would take the joy out of it. Then she suggested that, considering my proposed venue -- a store on the premises of a school for students of predominantly wealthy families -- I consider making a handbag as well as a baby quilt. I think she's right -- my first Frenchy Bag went together like a dream, and I already know some things I'd do differently, so I believe I am going to make one of them as well as a baby quilt in the next three weeks or so before school opens, and see what happens.

Of course I'll tell you. You don't need to even ask!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Definitely make the frenchy bag! Everyone that sees mine just loves it.
Kathy B
Greg said…
Go for it!

I'm glad you made it back safe from Europe.

Looks like you had a great time.

Happy 40th Wedding Anniversary! =)