On the Road Again


For the last time this summer. I promise.

Honna inherited her dad's place in the Pocono Mountains, very near a lake. She and George go up frequently, and have invited Joe and me to go along. We've never been able to accept the invitation. Last month she had the brilliant idea that our monthly hand-sewing group might like to go away for a weekend, and five of us are able to go!

We leave around three o'clock and will be there in time for dinner. We have coolers containing the fixings for most of the meals, though we plan to dine out on Saturday night. We have sheets and towels and jamas and comfy clothes. We have swimsuits and sweaters -- just in case we need a break from sewing. We have machines and projects. Almost everyone has offered to bring a bottle of wine . . . .

I'm taking a finished baby quilt top for the teacher who has adopted a little girl from Guatemala; I'm hoping to get it sandwiched and tied. I even have fabric for binding. I'm taking my monthly birthday block for Michelle. I'm taking what I need to make two more purses. I'm taking my In The Garden Blocks as well as my Pay It Forward Blocks. Can you tell that I have a short attention span on occasion?

Can't wait.

Comments

LoieJ said…
This sounds lovely. My upcoming vacation will be more hectic and fragmented.
Gypsy Quilter said…
Which lake will you be near, Tobyhanna? Sounds like wonderful fun.
Susan said…
How wonderful! I know you are having a fabulous time!