It's not just the misleading headlines that lead one to a much tamer story than has been suggested, and it's not just the stories that don't add up to the headline. It's the headlines themselves. The tawdriness of the stories. And the fact that they appear on the main news page. If I want The National Enquirer, thank you, I'll go to the supermarket.
Some of today's top stories on The Huffington Post include:
- The Single Biggest Sign of Impotence (how clever is that phrasing?)
- Plus Size Model Stuns in Bikini Shoot
- How I Knew My Boyfriend Wasn't The One (wonder if The Single Biggest Sign is involved here?)
- I Married a Psychopath
- Sort Porn Masquerading as Art
- Nine Natural Cures for Erectile Dysfunction (no comment)
- What Olivia Wilde Needs You to Know about Her Vagina
I'm off to try out the BBC site. At least this morning when I heard them on the radio announce "Russian Court Frees Pooo-see RY-ott Member" it sounded civilized. And, yes, I know who Pussy Riot is. Andrew told me.