Wednesday, March 12, 2014
Sewing What I Have
I have finished 70 of those little 6" Tula Pink blocks in shades of black and gray, laid them out, and pinned them into columns. I think I might have enough background fabric (white) to start putting that quilt together. It is going to be a tedious task with 1" finished lattice. My current leader-ender project in orange-green-yellow-brown will be a nice contrast and it is at the stage where a bazillion HSTs need to be made. So that's what's happening at my place.
The applique on blocks two and three for the primitive cats is complete and I have gone so far as to take the fabrics and directions for block four out of the wrapper. Then I discovered that for incomprehensible reasons, I have only directions and no fabric packs for blocks five and six. Not to be thwarted, I've come up with a plan to make block four, set it aside, and move on with blocks seven through twelve. If I'm still alive after that, I'll lay them all out and invent fabric choices for five and six. When one-through-three is assembled into a row, I'll post a pic.
Apart from some grays for two projects that were already in progress, I haven't bought any new fabric since before the first of the year. I'm going to the Lancaster show at the end of this week, though, so prolly some small stash enhancement may ensue.
Posted by Nancy, Near Philadelphia on Wednesday, March 12, 2014