Update

So, on my way home, on the day after the oven and microwave joined the disposal and the dishwasher in the kitchen appliance medical / surgical ward, I picked up my car which had been in for Pennsylvania State Inspection and 60,000 mile check-up (the latter being premature as she only has 58,390 miles). New rear brakes and something about a transmission drip pan later, I was $832 poorer, and still had yet to hear what was happening in my kitchen. Turned out that someone at the fifth or sixth place DH called actually answered the phone and agreed to send someone out.

$627 later, the dishwasher and disposal have received organ transplants of various sorts. The oven / microwave are still in surgery and I know these surgeons don't come cheap. Some reader suggested scrapping the microwave and getting a new one; I'd neglected to mention that the oven/microwave is an all-in-one wall unit, so it wasn't that easy.

I believe my salary increase for the coming year is gone in the space of one day. Along with our [miniscule] tax refund.

Oh, well. Nobody died and nobody's sick and my tuition for the upcoming White Oak getaway is paid in full. And I have enough fabric to last me until the cows come home for a little while. Soon (and very soon) I'll be able to bake me some yellow cupcakes with strawberry frosting, which have been in my mind.

So be it. Life is still good. And will be sweeter by the weekend!


Comments

Janet O. said…
From all the mooing going on in the kitchen I thought the cows were already home! : )
(Sorry, I couldn't resist that one.)
LizA. said…
You'd think all the appliances conspire to all give out at the same time.......
LoieJ said…
Large stash = long life. You have to use it all.
Anonymous said…
Points to Janet O.....

But glad to hear things are moving forward in the mechanical end of your household...
i think your first choice was more accurate...at least if you're anything like me...i KNOW i've got enough until all the cows come home
Mrs. Goodneedle said…
Enjoy your sweet reward. I have a recipe for Strawberry Lemonade Muffins pinned on a Pinterest board if you're interested, I haven't tried them yet but I will, soon! You're COOKIN' now!
Anonymous said…
When it rains, it pours, eh? You certainly are keeping a good attitude through all this.
Judi said…
Dreadful how major expenses can come in so close together - poor you.

What exactly IS London Broil - I rather feel I should know!