Covid-19 Sewing (21) Archaeological Finds (B-2)

Yesterday I shared the open box containing Archaeological Find B. I couldn't bring myself to dig further until today.

This, it would seem is the finished project, c. 2009. Vintage Memories, eh?

There are seven pairs of big blocks, one center medallion, four small blocks that surround the center medallion, very busy pieced side triangles, all that dratted lattice, and two borders.

No wonder it got packed away.

There was a day, it appears, back in 2009 when I thought the more complicated a block, the better.

A vintage thought.

Oh, well. I dug in and found that while there is still a lot of work ahead of me, it's not completely daunting.



Look! The center medallion is already complete!


As are five of the seven pairs of blocks! Pinned up in pairs.

After I got all of this sorted out and up on the wall, I set to work and, voila!



Comments

Barbara Anne said…
Cute pattern! Well done on getting the 6th block made, too!!

Do you plan to modify the pattern so you create something very different and perhaps more modern or carry on with the entire pattern? Choices, choices are one of the many delights of being a quilt maker. Have fun!

Hugs!
Do you have the middle edge pieced square turned the wrong way on that last block?