Covid-19 Sewing (23) New Kid on the Block (1)

Well, there came this day when I just couldn't face coral-red and brown fabric for a bit. I needed something different before I tackle setting that archaeological find.

I'd seen this block on Pinterest and recognized it as Sister's Choice with the coloring a bit different from the usual. I kind of liked it and Pinned it.

Then, somehow, someway, I got connected to Stash Fabrics way down south  in Georgia and wandered around their site a bit too long. I discovered among their precuts a bundle of gorgeous fabrics that all went together beautiferously and in combination that I would not have imagined. It is the absolute antithesis of being all from one line. It is stunning. And now it's mine. I'm three blocks in. And smitten.

Comments

Quiltdivajulie said…
Thanks for the heads up for Stash - I shopped with them a while ago but had forgotten to check their site recently. Love what you are doing with this new project!
Anonymous said…
Goodness, what a great shop and I think you've led me astray from only using my plentiful stash fabrics.

Love the fabrics, the star blocks, and the soothing colors. Enjoy!

Hugs!
Janet O. said…
Such a favorite classic block, and it looks really spiffed up in your new fabrics.
AnnieO said…
Nice change of pace! My stash is so full now I can't be tempted, for the most part! Bargains are the hardest to resist...