TV Stitching

I found myself a bit at loose ends for a handwork project. I thought about how pleasantly surprised I'd been that I thoroughly enjoyed the hand-piecing of the Steam Punk blocks so I went rummaging around in the messy studio for a set of templates I'd acquired years ago but never used. And there they were!

This block is called Improved Nine Patch. I disagree. A Nine Patch cannot be improved. So I think of these as Elongated Nine Patch; Himself thinks perhaps Winged Nine Patch.

Whatever, they are fun. I have no grand plan for these. I have perhaps a yard of the background fabric and endless scraps of Kaffes and solids.

BTW, Steam Punk and Archaeologic Find Number One went to the machinist's today.

Comments

Barbara Anne said…
I've never thought a 9 Patch could be improved upon either so like your "Elongated 9 Patch" moniker very much! "Winged 9 Patch" is a good name for an artist to come up with. :)

Applause that two of your quilts have gone to the machinist. Isn't it astonishing what a difference there is between a lovely quilt top and the quilt you get back after it's been quilted?

Hugs!
Quiltdivajulie said…
I like Winged Nine Patch as a name - and I love what you're doing with these.
Janet O. said…
Always exciting to send tops to the quilter. I look forward to see the magic happen.
I have always liked this block, but I think it looks like "9-patch on the rack," or "Tortured 9-patch."
Pip said…
I always thought that it was a strange name, how can you improve on a 9 patch, Altered 9 patch would be more correct, although I do like Winged 9 Patch, they are lovely blocks, the striped one is my favourite, you can't go wrong with Kaffes.