I've Got Mail!

Yesterday, by the usual time, the mail had not come. A different postal person than our usual guy eventually showed up and I found a large padded envelope stuffed into our letter box. I was bewildered because I didn't think I had ordered anything recently.

I was so pleased to open it and find an assortment of goodies,  gifts from the *Guild!

Many of the current board members have shops and they donated gifties, one for each member!

Seems to me that the least I can do is promote these generous vendors, folks I have patronized I the past and will do so again.

Nicole from One Choice for Quilting sent a spool of goes-with-everything light grey thread. I've bought some Liberty and other fabrics from this web-based shop. Service is quick and efficient. Once I needed more Essex Linen but couldn't remember the color so I sent Nicole a scrap and she took the time to match it for me.

Stitch Central is our LQS that opened not-quite-two-years ago and what haven't I bought there? Danielle sent the cutest little kit to make a pincushion, even including the walnut filling! This is an adorable brick-and-mortar shop, but their on-line presence is pretty impressive, too. They have staples, of course, but what I love is the stuff that I don't find in the Lancaster County shops.

Janet and her sister Sandy own The Quilter's Bazaar, an exclusively on-line shop. If you've seen a pattern on line and don't know where to get it, this is the place. They have a nicely curated selection of precuts. They included a charm pack of rich, delicious solids.

Jordyn at Fussy Cutting makes wonderful things; she sells them at her Etsy shop and at pop-up markets locally. If you need a cute little baby gift and don't sew, you can pick up bibs, teethers, burp cloths, etc., and she has a grand assortment of pouches for you. Jordyn does custom quilts; I've seen her work and it is meticulous. She sent a sweet fabric-covered button pin.

The parcel was finished with the tiniest-ever bottle of hand sanitizer and a little pot to grow sprouts, both sporting the Guild's logo.

*Philadelphia Modern Quilt Guild -- if you're local, give us a try! Our meetings are virtual currently, but we'll be back!



Comments