Covid-19 Sewing (25) New Kid (3)

And just like that, there are seventeen of them! There are enough strips cut to make about that many more. I'm not sure I want to do that. I believe I will make three more and then pause this project.

The pause is for a good reason. I am presently working on the very last appliqué block for The Aunts' Quilt. My plan had been to take that project with me and make it my main effort on our first-time-ever-in-August quilting retreat where there is a gihugic design wall that I could lay it all out and get it assembled. Alas, Covid-19 has intervened (yet again). Prolly we would be safe in our retreat venue, but the word on the street is that the community there is not being stringent on mask, particularly the employees of the nearest fabric emporium.  So we have decided to bail.

I don't really think that The Aunts will fit on my design wall. But I guess I am going to try.

With the last bit of hand work going to finish up this weekend, I'm going to need something new to do when Himself and I watch Netflix or whatever. I was surprised at the pleasure I took in hand piecing those Steam Punks so I think the next thing I'll need to do is cut some Improved Nine Patch blocks to work on in the evenings. It's always something.


Comments

AnnieO said…
Love the prints and colors—what fun. Too bad about the retreat but times are scary. Our numbers went up in the county but most people are wearing masks and stores are very good about marking 6 foot lines and cleaning, when I venture out very occasionally. Enjoy your stitching time at home!
Barbara Anne said…
Love your additional blocks and also your plan to make 3 more blocks before you pause for a bit of a think.

These days I seldom make large quilts so when I embarked on the Mystery Quilt at Laundry Basket quilts in late March, I had to lay out just a quarter of the blocks on our guest room double bed as they wouldn't fit in the sewing room. Since the varied blocks are the same in the four quadrants of the quilt, I have no real decisions to make about placement as you might have. The downside of having the blocks on that bed is that the bed is upstairs and my sewing room is downstairs. Up and down are now part of my exercise plan.

Isn't it a huge annoyance when people don't wear masks or wear them improperly? Good grief!

Hugs!
Janet O. said…
I really like what the mixed value placements do to the look of the blocks.
The "conversation" at the end cracked me up.
I want to add that the word gihugic is going into my vocabulary.