If You Can't Say Anything Nice

One of the joys of summer for me and him is going to the 4:00 Friday showing of whatever is playing at the semi-local independent theatre.  There are usually three options, so there is almost always at least one film that we want to see.

Before we went on vacation, "Certified Copy" was playing.  We hadn't heard a lot about it.  Juliette Binoche was wonderful.  The premise of the film was intriguing, and although it was not our particular cuppa tea, we could appreciate it.

Last week, despite my feelings about Woody Allen as a troll human being, we went to see "Midnight in Paris."  The scenery, of course, was gorgeous.  The premise was delightful.  Owen Wilson was splendid.  Kathy Bates as Gertrude Stein was terrific.  We really liked it and are still talking about it.

Yesterday we saw the much-touted "Tree of Life."  The popcorn was tasty.


Comments

QuiltingFitzy said…
ba-ha-ha!

Yeah, I can repeat my mother's old sayings, but I'll be darned if I can adhere to them!

Love your review~
Mrs. Goodneedle said…
You're speaking volumes, loud and clear!
Bobbi said…
So agree about Woody Allen, I nearly didn't go but friends talked me into it and I am SO GLAD to have seen it. Absolutely loved it.

Thank goodness for popcorn, sometimes you just need it. And for me, SnowCaps. They make any film sit-table but I didn't need them for Midnight in Paris.
Hmmm, I have seen a few previews, touting Brad Pitt as an Oscar chance but not saying too much about the movie...never good!
I will go to the Woody on your recommendation, I gave up on his movies when he decided adopted doesn't mean she's your daughter...but I'll put that in the back of my mind.
Never found your quilt block?? So sad1 Tracey
suz said…
Love it. I'm like you, I'm having trouble seeing movies with people who are ill-behaved in public are acting in/directing. I wasn't familiar with Midnight in Paris for that reason, but I adore Kathy Bates, so it might be worth adding to the Netflix list.