Friday, August 08, 2008

Warming Up

Well, I'm getting warmed up for the Olympics. The design wall was naked when I got home from vacation, so I put up these 16s and Pinwheels and some whites and am using it all as a leader-ender project at present. Never hurts to have a baby quilt flimsy on hand. Just in case.

Turbo pieced these blocks and traded them to me for a chance to raid my batik bin. I must admit that though she took out a grocery bag full of warm tones (which she later made into a gorgeous quilt and if she'd send me a picture [hint, hint] I'd post it for her since she is too busy sewing to start a blog of her own, talk about a drawn-out sentence), the level didn't seem to go down very much. There seems to be a batik spring at the bottom of it . . . .

Anyway, here's a block I made this afternoon as part of the Opening Ceremonies at my place. Ms. Jan and I are part of a group that makes blocks for each other on a monthly basis, and this month apparently is hers. She sent all the fabrics and the pattern and I got to cut and assemble this lovely Rising Star for her. She's making a quilt for one of the men in her life. It will be stunning, if you ask me.

It's all Civil War stuff. Drooling. Which reminds me, last night I spent a fair amount of time cutting up the left-overs from Meadowbrook Pasture which I think would make a nice Irish Chain leader-ender project. So many ideas. So little time.


2 comments:

Ms. Jan said...

Delish, delish, delish! You are sew good and sew speedy Nancy. Thanks so much!!!

Karen Dianne Lee said...

Yumm with that block! Almost makes me want to sew. almost.