Monday, November 02, 2009

Journal Covers

This past weekend while we were at our quilting retreat, generous Pat gave a lesson on making journal covers. She used a technique from Wanda's tutorial (Wanda, BTW, is the most prolific quilter on the face of the earth; she even puts Turbo to shame!). I'd read the tutorial and perhaps even printed it out. But I never did anything with it.

Dear Pat brought along some small notebooks for us to cover, and she even brought a bag of scraps. I had a ball! I don't have a photograph of that first attempt -- I brought it home and gave it to my friend yesterday morning. But here is a picture of the next two. And there is another one made since that photograph was taken.

I'm loving this! And it all comes out of scraps!

Thanks, Pat!

Thanks, Wanda!

4 comments:

Pat said...

Geez, Nance! I channelled Wanda's spirit to PA and unleashed a flippin' monster!! She is a gifted teacher & has a knack for lighting a spark. Darned good thing she didn't have a tutorial on covers for your photo. TOTALLY different than the ones you did this weekend, and probably not nearly as time-consuming (admit it, you went nutso piecing the first one)!

PattiCakes said...

missed a word. That was supposed to be "covers for cars".

PS (PSanafter-thought) said...

Love 'em.

Exuberant Color said...

You are welcome and I am glad your group had so much fun making them. They do make great gifts and are pretty much instant gratification compared to quilts.