Thursday, February 27, 2014
For the Lack of Fourteen Inches . . . A Project Languished
So I made these baskets and they got set aside. A few years later, they got set into a top. But there was one basket that was too bright, just spoiled the whole thing. So it got set aside again. Four or so years ago I dug it out and Himself helped me dig through my meager stash of Millie's goods to pick out two fabrics to replace the garish block. And apparently I not only made the block but darned near got it set back in place!
When the clean and purge bug hit recently, this quilt came to the surface again. I didn't unwrap it. I just put it aside with 21 other WISPs and Projects Planned.
Tuesday night, after making a bunch more of those mini-blocks in black/gray/white, I got starved for color! What was on my wall was too close to what was outside. I went into the cupboard of UFOs and pulled out this project. I am embarrassed to confess that what it needed was one seam, approximately 14 inches, to be sewn. Yup. And so I sewed. And now it is a flimsy, border and all. I love this quilt; it is going to stay on my wall for a while to fill the need for color. And then on my next trip to Lancaster County, I'm buying black back and batt and she will rise to the top of the "To Be Quilted" pile.
Posted by Nancy, Near Philadelphia on Thursday, February 27, 2014