Stars From Across The Pond

The week of the Lancaster show, our friend Judi from Canterbury, England, came to town. She stayed with Bonnie, and we rescheduled our monthly hand-sewing group meeting so that she could attend. Judi is always so generous; this visit she brought everyone a gift of a reusable grocery sack from a British food market. Because of the comfortable handles and the spacious size, I took mine to the show with me to tote my purchases. It was amazing how many people stopped me to comment! She also brought us a complimentary lesson or two!


Here's Judi teaching us a new technique for making star blocks. Helen and Bonnie are visible on the sofa, paying close attention.

This is partially-headless Kathleen holding a lovely example of the new technique.

Another one -- a bright and cheerful wall hanging.

And here is Judi again, holding a finished flimsy that all of us just loved!

Comments

Karen said…
Oooooooh! I *love* those star quilts!
Mrs. Goodneedle said…
Looks like a great technique, I kept scrolling down looking for a photo of the grocery sack!
*karendianne. said…
Boy you're having some fun here in these photos! I love these blocks, Nancy. Yummy!!! Now of course I want to know how to do this new technique.

Star Freak Love, *karendianne.
NoVA Dad said…
Every time I visit your blog I'm astounded by the creativity and ability that you and your friends share. It also constantly reminds me of a snippet of a memory I have from childhood, when I attended an old-fashioned quilting that my great-great aunt and several of her friends were having. I don't remember much about the day, but the imagery still sticks with me to this day.

Just a brief memory; thanks for bringing it forward. And keep bringing the wonderful photography here as well; I love seeing your work.
Tanya said…
Isn't it fun making the same block/quilt in different colors and seeing how they turn out! And the block so often matches the personality of the quilter so well!