A Wrinkle

The rash persisted through yesterday, taking a long time to respond to the steroids. Vestiges of it remained this morning, though the terrible stinging had abated. He slept much better last night.

Better medicine than the pills and the creams came in the form of Sam, accompanied by his sister and parents. Joe and Sam had a good long walk together in the garden, investigating chipmunk holes and identifying flowers. I had the opportunity to speak of my worries, my fears, with Chris and with Sherry. They had brought a delicious heart-healthy chicken and vegetable shish kabob with minty yogurt sauce dinner and we all ate out on the deck.

We had a trip to western Virginia scheduled for June 14 and neither of us felt comfortable going unless he'd been to the doctor's office prior. As of Friday, the best they could do with an appointment was June 20, but somehow this afternoon a spot has opened up for tomorrow morning at eight o'clock. We'll get clarification on the medications and hopefully a blessing on the Virginia trip.

Someone at school reminded me that these things are seldom smooth, and that I might look at the medication issue as a wrinkle only, and not a set back. I thought that was good advice. Wrinkles I can work with; heck, I spent nearly an hour ironing them out of fabric just this weekend!


Comments

Nanette Merrill said…
My gosh Nancy you have been through it. Unbelievable. I'm sure it probably is the Plavix. I hope he can get rid of it soon. Yikes.
Juliann in WA said…
Oh yes - wrinkles are something we know about - just remember that some wrinkles take a few passes to reduce! So great to have family to help you carry the load.
Unknown said…
I should imagine a garden inspection with the little fella was just the ticket to take his mind off things
*karendianne. said…
Someone at work is wise. Its a process. A real bona fide process.

That dinner sounds really yummy. That's another part of the process, I'm sure of it.

Oh now I'm hungry!

Hugs of Love, *karendianne.
Mrs. Goodneedle said…
Dealing with wrinkles is nothing that you can't deal with, heck it's a daily occurrence. You'll be looking back on this in no time and wondering why it was even a concern. Happy, healthy days are on the horizon...
Lindah said…
Ah, yes, wrinkles! Wrinkles we can manage. Good advice. Have a wonderful WV trip!
Tanya said…
Hi Nancy. Just wanted you to know that I've checked in on you and am relieved to know you are doing "normal". I think of you both whenever I walk by the aspirin counter in the supermarket and drugstores.