Friday, January 28, 2011

Nailed It

Well, my friend Pat has nailed it.  You know, the condition both of us suffer from live with.

The one where I have decided to start the Emily Cier Irish Chain from the wonderful soft browns and aquas that I found recently when I was digging through the stash looking for something else.  And I actually open the book and start to press the fabrics and then remember that I meant to bring downstairs that quilting magazine that Jan sent me and I go up to get it and while carrying it down I remember why I saved it -- for that wonderful barn-raising set batik project and so I start digging through the batik bin (oh, yes, somebody asked me how many bins I have -- and the answer is 3: CWs, batiks, and everything else) and choosing blues and violets and greens (well, there is also a small bin of CW shirtings and the one of the left over Laurel Burch -- oh, I was going to try to make a bag out of those sometime soon) and, oh look, there is that CW leader-ender that is yelling out that it wants to be elevated to Real Project status and

Well, you get the drift.  She calls it ADQD:  Attention Deficit Quilting Disorder.

and I think there might be three or four more bins.  But they're small.  Really.

Friends, we need buttons featuring this insignia.  We need them right away.

16 comments:

Pat said...

ROTFLMAO! We should see if this affliction is enougn to permit handicapped parking at fabric stores. Or at least get us a group discount.

The ADQD button would alternate with your C.O.W. button. I'm now getting this mental image of a C.O.W. with ADQD, and it's not a pretty sight.

Guenveur in Kent said...

Thoughtful.

floribunda... aka Julie said...

I just won a copy of that book -- want to do a quilt-along? (ha -- like I need another project...)

StitchinByTheLake said...

I love it! That is so me. :) blessings, marlene

Terri said...

I need that button too - you described me to a tee, as I just got home from purchasing a few little things to start yet another project, after I tore apart my UFO bins to see if I already had the right size (I didn't). I even left about 5 UFOs on the floor as I sauntered out the door on my quest!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Put me on the list for an ADQD button ... and I'm with you on the never-ending relational thought process disorder, too!

Anonymous said...

Nancy: I have to ask how big your bins are? I have 3 tubs (large), one good-sized basket with fat quarters and two magazine-type boxes filled to overflowing with patterns (all sorted by catagory). As you know, I only started last year. I guess you can say that I now have a stash!! I am back w/my group in AZ and in quilting heaven. If you make buttons, please send a couple west. Your CA cuz

LizA. said...

Ok, there must be something in the air, I just started writing a blog post about this very same subject! Only 3 bins? I'm ashamed to admit how much fabric I have have, but it definitely overflows the 3 large floor to ceiling Ikea multi cubby hole units. And we won't talk about the overflowing bins on top of that.....

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I have it too, and BAD, where do I order the button? My affliction is identified by identical symptoms and I've had it for a long time, years and years; it's a chronic condition.

Lorraine said...

Glad it happens to others as well...thought I was on my own!

Little Mysteries said...

A familiar affliction suffered by many.
I love the way you describe it.

altar ego said...

Too funny. I can't wait to see the button!

Irene Onderweegs said...

Lucky you! Only so many bins! I hired some space in a storehouse, maybe its 8 m3 for me alone, where some of my fabric went to wait for opportunity. Rest of it: 8 meters long, 2 meter high all boxes...
I knew something was wrong, my psych calls it ADHD, and on top of that I guess ADQD as well =8^0.
Well, we will live all through it, the one with no stash left will win! ;^}
Irene from Amsterdam

suz said...

Oh thank heavens! I thought it was just me and my old age! Now, a support group needs to be found...oh, wait a sec - I have one - my Bee! Wait until I tell them our problem has been diagnosed and has a name!

howdidIgethere said...

My new favorite quilting initialism. One of my other favs is: SABLE.... Stash Acquisition Beyond Life Expectancy.

Nancy may not have this with her 3 bins of fabric, but I confess to suffering from/living with this disorder.

cq4fun said...

Now that cracks me up, Nancy. It's why I have everything on my calendar now, and limited myself to 6 new projects and 6 old ones, and the one or two more ....