Monday, May 05, 2008

Back to Normal -- Well, Nearly

I spent the better part of four days being sick with a head-and-chest cold. Uncharacteristically, I lay low! I slept a lot. I stayed in. I took non-crystal-meth drugs. I drank orange juice. And I got well. Or pretty close to well.

The other thing that helped was: I sewed. For a couple of weeks, I was putting in extra hours at work and was sewing-diminished at home. So, being sickish, I got to sew to my heart's content when I wasn't sleeping. And, I tell you, I was doing one or the other just about all of the time.

Hot Summer Hearts is heading out to the long-armer today. Leader-Ender Jewel Box will be all finished in the next couple of days and out to the long-armer by Friday. Crystal Meth was a short-lived notion; on further inspection, the block I invented is pretty ugly. So the leader-enders that are left will get put on hold in a box for a while until they are new again. Meanwhile, I made a Split 9-Patch for Peggy's monthly block and got so enthused about it that I'm hoping to cut some lights and whites and start a new leader-ender of this block for a baby quilt. Thirty-six 6" blocks should go together pretty quickly. The 16-patches and pinwheels that Turbo gave me are up on the wall, but I think they are going to come down for a while to make space for something as yet undetermined..

Best of all: I'm putting the borders on What Was I Thinking? And second best of all: Sunday Best, the little appliqued dress wall hanging for Caroline, is in the hand-quilting stage!

My soul is purring like a Bernina. Almost worth having been sick.

3 comments:

Tanya said...

Hey it sounds like you actually got a lot done! That's my kind of sick! Hope your are back in the pink soon and that it doesn't affect your quilting output

Karen Dianne Lee said...

Ugly? Don't go and say UGLY and then not share! I want to see UGLY. I share UGLY. Oh what am I going to do with yoU!!!!

You really are a teaser. Where's my taser?

Zapping you back to normal Love, *karendianne.

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

I found your blog through the owl sent you from Australia. Its funny how blogs link and link and link and then you find someone with something similar. I'm a quilter from Utah but I grew up in Reading. And you live in Glenside. Is that the Glenside just outside of Reading? Sometimes its a small world.