Big Jake is a Flimsy!

Big Jakes is a Flimsy!

Sounds like a children's playground taunt, doesn't it?

Honna came over yesterday afternoon and we sewed together for several hours. My main task was to get Big Jake into a filmsy status, and we pulled it off. I like him quite a bit, and he's going into the flimsy pile (need to come up with a classier name for this waiting area) until needed for a recipient.

So, he's Finish Number Four and I still have one more to go. I'd initially outlined six possible finishes and would choose five, but since I've accomplished so much, I do believe I'm going to go for broke and try to have all six finished by July 23 (we leave for vacation on July 24).

Those two are going to have to wait a day or so because those demanding Log Cabins are insisting that their borders get on so they can join BJ in flimsyville. Honna helped me decide for sure on the borders -- the choice we made for the inner green border necessitated my removing one of the outermost logs and replacing it; the poison green and the dark green were being horrible to each other. So with that little replacement completed, I started putting the green on. I'd like to finish these borders tonight, but there are household tasks speaking up. So, we'll see.


Comments

QuiltingFitzy said…
Seems as the beige of the carpet is suggesting a 3rd border, sure sets off those beiges in the blocks.

Or not.

I just love anywhichway!
Gina said…
The green looks fabulous with it. Really sets it off.

Love and hugs gina xxx
dot said…
What a great quilt. It is so manly. I like the mane Big Jake.
Donna said…
Love the green. Really makes the quilt pop. Great job.
floribunda said…
Jake looks great! You were brave to go with the green (I was wondering if it was crazy even as I suggested it...)
Mrs. Goodneedle said…
Big Jake is one handsome fella! Well done, N.
Fantastic...Nancy...another one down...
Mary said…
Big Jake is awesome! Love the green!
Unknown said…
That lime green just adds the right amount of zing to this quilt - an inspired addition
*karendianne. said…
Boy didn't Big Jake come out nice. That green REALLY WORKED!

*karendianne/ Living Life at LeeHaven
Nicole said…
It turned out just beautiful.
Tanya said…
Big Jake is GREAT! And so are your snowballs! And so is Bodacious. So glad to see him looking so contented!
Anonymous said…
it turned out really great, like the green!