Last Block Done!

I've finished the last block for the 2010 designer mystery quilt from the Fat Quarter Shop, and I like this block very much.  There were twelve blocks in the series, plus a finishing kit -- I haven't opened the finishing kit yet, but I believe it has some sort of a center medallion.  We'll see.

The 2009 designer mystery quilt top is finished and folded and set aside.  Soon this one will join it.  My plan is to have one really wonderful quilt to pack away for wedding gifts for each of the grandchildren -- the thinking being that by the time these little ones are old enough to marry, this kind of work will be history for me.  If I'm still around.

The third one will be the Martinique BOM that has begun coming from FQS, and Paris in the Fall will be the fourth. 

Now to see if I am able to get all four finished before any additional grandchildren show up!


Comments

Beautiful work! I finished my block 12 last week and I've been working on the sashing. I hope to get quite a bit done this holiday weekend!
Nanci said…
Nancy,

I also just finished my last block and really liked this one. I opened my finishing kit last weekend and made the center star which is really cool and I'm also working on the sashing. I have it all on the design wall at the moment and it is going to be a spectacular quilt and one your grandchild will love. I can't wait for time this weekend to finish the top.
Pat said…
This is a wonderful block. The idea of putting wedding quilts away is such a lovely one -- and so "you".
Micki said…
That is one beautiful block!
Micki