Comcast Cares!

Lo and behold! Look what showed up in my comments from my recent post, Cranky, Near Philadelphia! Just in case the sender has subsequently seen fit to delete it, I'll go ahead and quote it for you here:

"I am sorry to learn about the email problem you are experiencing. On behalf of Comcast, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

I am hoping that we could at least alleviate your "week of Mondays" by resolving the email issue. I will be happy to reach out to my executive contacts to resolve this issue for you. If it is okay with you, will you please send me an email with your contact information?

I know you will be reluctant to provide this information via email considering the rampant fraud problems on the internet. If you'd prefer, you may also call me at 215 286 1700. My extension is 8966.

Thank you in advance for giving us the opportunity to assist!

Sincerely,

Mark C.
Comcast Executive Offices
We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com
215 286 1700

Mark C's blogger name is ComcastCares1 and you can read all the exciting details about him here.

Look at that! Comcast Cares!

The guy I spoke with on the phone yesterday couldn't make my email stop going into the spam folder and he couldn't make my sent mail really get sent, but he did provide helpful information. He said that the English-as-a-fourth-language fellow had not told me the truth! In fact, this guy said, no one would call me unless they needed more information. When I asked how I would know when the problem was fixed, when I would be able to send email that was actually received, he was stuck for an answer. He did volunteer, however, that I could escalate the solving of the problem by calling more often! He urged me to phone every day until it is better, but only one time each day. He said that each time I called, it would escalate the solving to a higher and higher level. Wow!

So, as I understand it, Comcast will fix the problem that I have incurred through no fault of my own by using their product. Someday. But if I spend 20 minutes of my time each day on the phone, first listening to endless "happy" music and advertisements and then giving all of the details once again to a person of varying English capability, that will help.

According to Mark C, Comcast Cares. Do you think there's something of an oxymoron at work here? I would too, except it seems Comcast really does care about having this situation on the world wide web. Obviously that is what motivated Mark C to drop me a line (of course, his email went into my spam folder since the problem still isn't resolved). And doncha just love the part about his asking me to email him? From the account where the issue I'm complaining about is that emails I send aren't ever received? Like -- d'oh?

I decided not to spend 20 minutes today phoning Comcast again. Producing this post was much better use of the time. Tomorrow I'll spend that 20 minutes investigating on-line services from another provider in the area -- one that also has television cable that I understand is less expensive than Comcast's. It will be interesting to see how long it takes for the problem to get fixed without my daily prompts.

I went hunting about for a picture to put at the top and came up with the one that is there. It was generously provided here with the suggestion that I help myself with just a click of my mouse. But just in case their offer is rescinded (I suppose that, too, could show up in the spam folder with a request for a reply!), I found another image that I could put up in its place. You can view it here.

Comments

Juliann in WA said…
Well, even if your week didn't go so well it is kind of an amusing tale.
Karen said…
Yep, I would say it would be a good idea to look at options!

We use Speakeasy. It is DSL and they don't have cable, but have had maybe 2 or 3 problems in about 6 years.
Used to be a subscriber to Comcast but turned to satellite. We have not had near the outages that we used to. I use a local broadband for my isp. No complaints there at all. Never had *any* problems. Good luck!
Anonymous said…
As suggested to you last night, if not a switch to another server, try reacing Comcast super everything David Cohen, the governor's buddy & guru. Cohen prides himself on being a problem solver. Go right to the top, even considering the Roberts' owners, father & son. -- Barnum Bill
Tanya said…
Hmmm. I can see how you'd like to use the "other one" picture.
*karendianne. said…
Well I'm cursed with Comcast and email as well. I can't get anything out now. I dont want to spend all my time with them on the phone like you did.

I don't, I don't, I dont.
Anonymous said…
I LOVE the other picture and think that is the one that you should use. LOL!!! I am truly sorry for your frustration, but it did make for a humorous post!!
Ray