Wednesday, December 09, 2009

One Done, One To Do

Last night I hand-stitched the binding on this quilt. While it isn't my usual kind of quilt, I do love it. Some wonderful woman had sent me a pack of Turnovers as a swap hostess gift and I pieced the top from them.

Rather surprisingly, I had almost a half yard of one of the fabrics from the line -- I'd bought it for another project, and it was enough to do the binding.

This is for a little girl who is to be born in mid-January. I hope to see her mom within the week to give it to her. The family is Vietnamese and the picture of this little girl's brother is so cute; I just know she is going to be adorable.

My granddaughter has formed a rather serious attachment to a stuffed Very Hungry Caterpillar. She calls him Charlie and never leaves home without him.

On Monday I had a flashback to having seen some VHC fabric and began an on-line search. Not only did I find fabric, but found a design, and all of the fabric precut, for a very reasonable price! I phoned the shop and spent some time talking with the nicest woman who said she did have a kit and would get it out in the mail to me that very day.

The kit came today. The fabrics are great. The directions are clear. I'm certain I can get this quilt made, tied, and bound before December 25, even if I'm binding on the 24th.

And the shop is called Tennessee Quilts. No affiliation, yadda yadds, just a super satisfied customer who would buy from them again in a minute!

Okay, now to the cutting table.


10 comments:

floribunda... aka Julie said...

That caterpillar quilt is going to be such fun! I've bought obnline from Tennessee Quilts in the past, and liked them, too.

w.v. thinger -- what I seem to call just about everything these days!

Deborah said...

Lovely baby quilt. The caterpillar quilt will be great. I had no idea such fabric existed. I'm near Philadelphia, too.

anne bebbington said...

Nancy you have turned into a veritable Santa's little helper - I don't doubt you'll get it finished and it will be much loved and most appreciated :o)))

Lurline said...

I'm sure you will do it too, Nancy! Love your baby quilt!
Hugs - Lurline♥

*karendianne. said...

I love the baby quilt you made out of Turnovers! What a great idea. I really really love it. They will love it. I love it. I might have to check out those Turnovers, ha?

Nancy, the VHC be so joyful for Caroline! Oh yes, how fun!!!

Micki said...

The baby quilt is just so lovely! I adore the pinks you used the pattern!
Micki

StitchinByTheLake said...

I love the pastel baby quilt. I don't know why I don't sew with pastels more than I do - they are just so soothing. And the caterpillar quilt is going to be a big hit! blessings, marlene

Juliann said...

I picked up some of this fabric and the Brown Bear fabric too. I am a big Eric Carle fan and someday (not too soon) hope to have a reason to use this fabric :)

Miriam said...

The baby quilt is gorgeous. I am sure it will be well appreciated.
I love the very hungry caterpillar designs I think your grand daughter will adore that quilt!!!

Tanya said...

What great fabric!!! I have a lot of kindergarten kids who love the Hungry Catepillar... Hmm. I'll check out the store.